Wednesday, June 22, 2016

A Trio of Ballet Bags to Sew!

 As promised, I'm back with today's second project.  And, if you read my last post you'll note that I said this project was for inspiration.  I'm a bit busy creating these days and didn't have time to take you through this project step-by-step with photos and instructions.  But, if you have some pretty basic sewing skills I know you can recreate the look!  This trio of ballet bags started with a one yard remnant bought at my local JoAnn store. I had some white lining fabric, so I used that to give a really finished look but of course that's optional.  The solid pink fabric was some left-over t-shirt sleeves that I held onto after cutting them off to make dance team tank tops last summer...waste not, want not! And, lastly, I used my Cricut and some iron-on vinyl scraps to make the little ballet logo (same as used in the previous post) to give it that little touch of sparkle.  So there you have it, I made 2 large bags, one medium and one small clutch style out of just one yard of fabric.  Be sure to comment any questions you might have...and, happy sewing!

The logo...silver iron-on circle, plain white iron-on slippers.


For the fashionista...the clutch style!

Medium Bag

Large Bag, (approx. 12 x 18 finished size) with white on white logo

No comments:

Post a Comment