Thursday, February 9, 2017

Dance Bag Detox! A.K.A. Sweet Smelling Sachets

Well, my goodness!  I can't believe how time has flown by since my last post.  I've been very busy creating all kinds of fun little items to sell at my two daughter's dance team competition their team hosts.  So as my inventory is almost fully stocked, now looks like a good time to start sharing!

The first project to post are these sweet smelling little sachets to help detox those smelly dance bags!  All you'll need are some in-wash scent booster pellets (like Downey Unstoppables, although I used generic Kroger brand), some fabric (depending on how many you're making), decorations (I used little glitter iron-on shapes made on my Cricut), 1/8" grommets (you could also just make round button holes on your sewing machine), and some tulle (wedding section at Dollar Tree).  As an added bonus, I've included the tags I designed for your use for FREE!  Oh...and one last note, do not get the sachets wet as the scent pellets are water soluble. 

For each sachet:

  • Fabric, cut into 10"x 3-1/2" strips
  • 1/8 to 1/4 cup of scent pellets 
  • Decorations
  • Grommet
  • Tulle Ribbon, cut to 12" long



Here's the step-by-step with photos:

My fabric is folded at the bottom to save time pressing, then cut 3-1/2" wide strips.

Cut each sachet top at a 45-degree angle (fold is on the bottom). 

Stitch a narrow 1/4" hem across top angles and down sides. Do not
sew across bottom fold or top (so you can fill it!)

Stitching lines...be sure to sew with right sides together!

Turn right-side out. Press.

Add desired decoration.

Mark for grommet.

Using a funnel, fill with between 1/8 and 1/4 cup of scent pellets.


Complete grommet insertion (directions on the package).

Fold under raw edges, stitch closed across the top.

Finish sachets with a tulle bow fed through the grommet.

Another design...wish I had more of this fabric!
FREE .pdf file for your personal use!

No comments:

Post a Comment