Friday, December 23, 2016

Super Easy 4-Ingredient Christmas Cookies!

Since it's Christmas Eve-Eve, I've been baking today and I thought I'd share a shockingly easy, but oh-so-delicious, recipe I've been making since I was in grade school.  Brown Sugar Shortbread.  How can only four ingredients taste this delicious, you might ask? Well, they can and do.  I've gifted them by the dozen to my extended family for my the bulk of my life, and they are usually gone before they go home!  Naturally, it's the perfect simple recipe to make with small children (especially since there's no egg in the dough they can sneak a pinch without worry).  They are certainly some of my two daughter's favorites and they look forward to them every year.  
Here's the original recipe card from my childhood, complete with my unusual spelling of cookie.  Take time to make some memories in the kitchen this Christmas with this recipe, and I can guarantee you won't regret it! Cheers!

It doesn't get any simpler than this! 4-ingredients to buttery, sweet goodness.

Mix ingredients until the dough pulls away from the sides of the mixing bowl. Firm consistency.
Roll into 1" balls, then dredge in granulated sugar. Close-up of the
cookie press I've had all my life...but the bottom of a glass would work too.
Dip stamp in sugar between presses to avoid sticking.



Cookies ready for baking!
Finished cookies...ahh, the smell of melted butter and brown sugar...nothing better!



No comments:

Post a Comment