Friday, May 20, 2016

Blingtastic Personalized Mini-Notepad

   
Pull out your glue gun folks, 'cause here'a a really quick and easy project for your weekend!  Around here it's dance recital and dance team try-out time, so I made these cute little notepads as a congratulatory gift for my girls.  They always have little notes or reminders from their coaches, and I thought the notepads would come in handy for staying organized.  But, I think they'd be great little favor gifts for a little girls birthday party, too!  I'm thinking of making matching pens with some of the leftover diamond wrap, and I'll post them when I get a chance.

Here's all you need:

  • Glue Gun
  • Glittered Mini-Notepads (Dollar Tree, 2/$1)
  • Floral Diamond Wrap (Dollar Tree, 9ft./$1)
  • Scissors




Step One:  Simple...heat up your glue gun! While it's heating, layout your design. In order in use all of my daughter's high school colors, I cut the diamond wrap down to single strands. For the letters, I made simple block letters using the full width of the diamond wrap.  But here's where you can get creative, because I think it would be fun to use a single strand if you wanted to do a more curvy style of lettering (i.e. a monogram font.) And, yes, you can cut straight through one of the stones to get the shape correct for your letters as they are just plastic.

Step Two:  Glue down the diamond wrap!  Once you are happy with your design, work in small sections so the glue doesn't set before you press the diamond wrap into it.  Too much glue will push up through the webbing and not look so good, and you'll be fighting the little string-y bits like crazy. I like to use the tip of the glue gun to gently push the diamond wrap into the glue beneath, just don't apply any pressure to the trigger or you'll have a big mess!


That's it, you're done! Now go enjoy your weekend!




Personalized Blintastic Mini-Notepads!

No comments:

Post a Comment