Thursday, April 7, 2016

Dance Team Captain Gift...Clipboard Cuties!


My oldest daughter's dance team coaches just named her and a teammate co-captains for the 2016-17 season! So, of course I had to make them something cute and useful as a gift for being awarded their new position! I happened to be perusing the aisles at Walmart, a rarity for me, and came across these cute storage clipboards that I thought would be perfect. At less than $7 each, it makes for a reasonably priced gift as well. With the addition of some vinyl cut on my Cricut, I'm sure you'll agree they'll look very put-together as the new captains! And remember, if you don't have a cutting machine you can just purchase vinyl letters at your local craft store for a similar look. 


When it came to placing the vinyl, I put their names on the lower portion of the front, which leaves room for a smaller note pad (bought at Dollar Tree).  As captains, I'm sure that size will work just great.  As you can see by the grid on the vinyl at right, the letters were about 1-1/2" x 8".  Inside the clipboard, I tucked some post-it style notepads and pens.





For the back of the clipboard I made a logo-style vinyl with their team name. In Cricut Design Space, I started by layering two circles (one smaller than the other) and removed the center area after attaching them.  The rest of the design includes the Liberty Bell silhouette, dancer silhouette and some lettering.  I like  that when they're holding the clipboard in front of them that portion will be visible.  

That's it! Quick and easy, and oh so fun for the girls to use!



No comments:

Post a Comment