Monday, January 26, 2015

Keepsake Box...for the Dancer or Cheerleader in Your Life!

I made this beautiful, glittery box for my oldest daughter's dance team state theme reveal party but I'm sure you can imagine many uses for it. I wish I had taken some photos while assembling it, but it's so easy I know you can just go for it. It all started with a glittering, in this case gold, photo storage box purchased at JoAnn's. I think these may be a special item only out around the holidays, because I haven't seen them again.  Never mind, I found them by the card making supplies in four glittering options! But, you could easily cover any box with glitter paper or glitter it yourself using a decoupage glue. 

As for the ribbon, the super wide navy ribbon is simply blanket binding I ironed flat. Next came a narrower, light blue ribbon. I used a glue gun to adhere the ribbon to the inside of the box, bottom half first. Be sure to use a ruler to center the ribbons perfectly.  For the top of the box, the 'stripes' of ribbon were left a bit loose when gluing so that I could gather it in the center with a piece of 1/8" ribbon. I then made the large cheer-style bow, again tightly securing with the 1/8" ribbon and layered on a smaller pinwheel-style bow. I added a dab of hot glue to the underside of the bow centerpiece for stability. I finished the whole thing off with some gold bells, as the team name is "The Belles", but you could customize it at this point to fit your needs. I think that "Wraps it up"! (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)




No comments:

Post a Comment